Pietro Cucchi UK provide automatic bar loaders for multi-spindle lathes to the UK, a specialized production line representing the very heart of Pietro Cucchi. The Pietro Cucchi automatic bar loader is a unit linked to the lathe and designed to feed the latter automatically without requiring continuous operator attendance. A simple operating system for a product requiring high quality and technology.
The multi-spindle loader by Pietro Cucchi are by now recognized and highly regarded all over the world. They were the first to introduce a series of advantages, combining accuracy, reliability, high production rates, and noiselessness. They experienced a continuous progress thanks to research and the introduction of a series of pioneering features which have confirmed their success year after year:
- The stock reel and the lathe feeding system have been completely removed to turn the machine into a wholly automatic loader.
- Removal of the feed fingers and consequent increase in the machining capacity of the lathe.
- Bar feeding is performed by using a hydraulic motor for each spindle. A hydraulic distributor controls the flow of each motor, allowing feeding in multiple positions simultaneously.
- Reduction of loading times down to 18”, thanks to complete automation with an increase in lathe productivity by up to 45%, without the need of limiting the spindle rotation speed or setting the drum indexing speed.
- The use of die-cast components made of a particularly resistant and soundproofing synthetic resin in the bar guide drum allowed for a remarkable reduction in vibrations and the noise generated by the rotating bars.
The choice (upon request) of the latest Pietro Cucchi innovations – rotating centering devices, automatic spring bushes and fork centering devices – further adds to this benefit. Our machines include: